Friday, September 11, 2009

the paper bag

I've been keeping my room's door open lately. I sleep in my parents' room at least twice a week. I don't like being alone. It's not that I can't function without anyone else, it's just that I want escape from things and thoughts that would bring tears back.

A couple of days ago, I cleaned my room. I emptied my drawers and cabinets and was able to gather tons of papers and old books. I also filled two garbage bags with roughly around 5 years' worth of trash. And memories.

Nope, I'm not the type who burns old pictures and letters. So instead, I gathered all of them and kept them neatly in one paper bag. And that was it. Just ONE paper bag. I never thought I could fit four years of laughter and tears (with everything in between) into one medium sized bag.

As I tucked it in the farthest corner of my cabinet, I was secretly wishing for something-that the next time I open it, it would either be to pile up more memories or to finally find the strength to throw it all away.